770 CORN HEAD
SPFH Corn Head
- Large drum cutting enables cutting of fields
- Harvesting down or lodged crops
- Advanced header-height control
- Row scrapers and cleaners prevent crop buildup
View Product Brochure
After the fast-rotating blades cut the plant, the intake fingers push the plant into the gatherer drums that rotate in the same direction at low speeds. Every plant is pushed into the teeth of the gatherer drum. The special-designed shape of the teeth ensures that both small and big plants are conveyed in a secure way.
In the machine, the plants are taken off the gatherer drum at the back of the drum by scrapers. Depending on the width of the header, they are forwarded to cross-feed drums or immediately fed into the angled feed drums in the middle of the machine.
- Every plant is individually and securely pushed into the gatherer drum (Performance).
The saw blades of John Deere rotary crop headers cut quickly and thoroughly at a high speed of rotation. As the fast turning blades cut the full width, crops can be harvested regardless of the row spacing. Thanks to this row-independent harvesting technology, the field can be worked from any side, which is particularly important for down crop.
The fast-turning saw blades allow crops with a lot of weeds to be harvested easily. Besides corn, a wide range of crops such as sorghum, whole crop silage, oilseed canola, pampas grass, and miscanthus can be harvested.
- Fast-turning saw blades can cut in difficult harvesting conditions to give the operator increased uptime.
- Headers can be used in various stemmed crops and there is no need for extra headers, which saves on the cost of operation.
Even feeding of the harvested crop bundled lengthwise to the chopper unit of the self-propelled forage harvester (SPFH) is crucial for an even cut. Only even, lengthwise feeding allows for the full use of the power installed on the SPFH.
- Bundling of lengthwise stalks is the basis for perfect cutting (Performance).
Compare the specifications of up to 4 models
|Key Specs|| 770-corn-head|
|Rotary harvesting unit|
|Overall width||7.6 m|
|Transport height||3.2 m|
|Operating width||7.5 m|
|Transport width||3.3 m|
|Revolution rating calculated with forage harvester at a standstill without load|
|Header drive shaft (shift rod pulled out for slow speed)|
|Cutting blades for gathering drum|
|Cross feed drums|