MX6 ROTARY CUTTER
- Standard stump jumper blade holder
- Domed shape top deck is smooth and easy to clean
- 3-point hitch hookup provides more strength
- Front and rear chain shields offer safety
View Product Brochure
NOTE: Only for single spindle and multi-spindle.
John Deere rotary cutters lead the way with innovative design, superior performance, and proven durability. Valuable features such as the Double-Decker™ design and Max Flow cutting chamber prevent water and debris from accumulating on the smooth, dome-shaped top deck while the flat bottom deck absorbs the punishment from rocks and stumps.
The top deck stays smooth - no dents, no dings, no holes. The internal supports sandwiched between the top and bottom decks are key to the smooth and structure-free Max Flow cutting chamber, while at the same time provide added strength and durability.
To help promote safe operation, John Deere rotary cutters are equipped with front and rear safety-chain shields. John Deere rotary cutters continue to advance in value with powerful gearboxes, blade holders, and compatibility with a wide range of tractors.
Here are situations when a rotary cutter provides value:
- Clipping pastures encourages grass growth, optimizing valuable pasture acreage.
- Cutting grass and stalks helps control insects.
- Routine cutting keeps weeds from reseeding.
- It is the most cost efficient way to cut roadsides, parks, cemeteries, airport fields, hydro, gas, and telephone easements, and all other types of open properties.
- Cutting grass waterways encourages root development and helps prevent erosion.
- Knocking down stalks such as cotton, corn, or milo speeds up decomposition. This is essential in no-till and minimum-till fields.
- Clearing out brush.
- Control undergrowth and grass in orchards, vineyards, and groves.
Decide what model to use based on:
- The size of the area to mow versus the size of the machine – the bigger the area to mow, the bigger the mower needs to be in order to be efficient during mowing hours. Similarly, the limitation of a small area will guide operators to use a smaller mower.
- The amount of time and frequency it will be used – for longer hours and more frequency, choose a heavier duty machine.
- Tractor compatibility – if there is a tractor the operator will be using, look for the tractor compatibility sheet to identify appropriate options.
John Deere rotary cutters are available in two duty-level categories:
- MX models are available in 1.5-m (5-ft), 1.8-m (6-ft), 2.1-m (7-ft), 2.5-m (8-ft), and 3.2-m (10-ft).
- This duty-level category cuts brush up to 50.8 mm (2 in.) in diameter.
- HX models are available in 3.2-m (10-ft) and 4.2-m (14-ft).
- This duty-level category cuts brush up to 76.2 mm (3 in.) in diameter.
- HX6 is available in 1.8-m (6-ft) and the HX7 is available in 2.1-m (7-ft) cut widths; they cut brush up to 101.6 mm (4 in.) in diameter.
NOTE: HX models are heavier built to cut at a 101.6 mm (4 in.) capacity level more frequently and for longer durations.
Front and rear chain shields are standard equipment:
- Offer protection for the operator yet allow uncut material to pass into the cutting chamber with minimal restriction
Suction blades provide additional lift action for picking up downed material. The blades are 1.3 cm x 10.2 cm (0.5 in. x 4 in.) in size and heat-treated for long wear life.
The fast blade-tip speed ensures clean cutting and fine shredding of material.
- Up to 88.5 m/sec (17416 fpm)
Five-year limited gearbox warranty provided on every John Deere rotary cutter
John Deere is so confident in the reliability of the gearbox that rotary cutters come with a 5-year limited gearbox warranty.
There is also 1-year warranty on the complete machine, as well as drivelines and other components.
Compare the specifications of up to 4 models
|Cutting width||1,830 mm|
|Cutting height||25 to 241 mm|
1 to 9.5 in.
|Cutting capacity||50 mm|
|Cutting chamber Depth||216 mm|
|Tractor PTO HP range||Minimum 22 kW|
|Tractor PTO||540 rpm|
|Category||1; or convert to 2|
|Transport width||1,910 mm|
|Overall width||1,910 mm|
|Overall length||2,882 mm|
|Deck type||Double decker|
3.5 (10) mm
0.138 (10) in.
3.5 (10) mm
0.138 (10) in.
|Side skirt thickness||6 (3) mm|
0.25 (3) in.
|Approx. weight||472 kg|
ASAE Category 3
Cotninuous 56 kW
Peak 67 kW
|Blade tip speed||540 RPM|
|Material flow system||Max flow|
Round stump jumper
|Type||Puncture proof laminated|
|Row width adjustment|
|Blade tip speed - 540 rpm|
|Deck thickness - Upper - Lower|
|Drivelines - Size - Main|
|Hitch - Category|
|Protection - Main|
|Shielding - front/rear|
|Side skirt thickness|
|Tractor PTO HP range|