778 CORN HEAD
SPFH Corn Head
- Working width of 19.7 ft (6.0 m)
- Fast-turning saw blades cut all kinds of crop
- Intake fingers and gatherer drums for secure crop guidance
- Lengthwise feeding for optimal chopping quality
View Product Brochure
The saw blades of John Deere rotary crop headers cut quickly and thoroughly at a high speed of rotation. As the fast-turning blades cut the full width, crops can be harvested regardless of the row spacing. Thanks to this row-independent harvesting technology, the field can be worked from any side, which is particularly important for down crop.
The fast-turning saw blades allow crops with a lot of weeds to be harvested easily. Besides maize, a wide range of crops such as sorghum, whole crop silage, oilseed, canola, pampas grass, and miscanthus can be harvested.
- Fast turning saw blades can cut in difficult harvesting conditions to give the operator increased uptime.
- Headers can be used in various stemmed crops and there is no need for extra headers, which saves on the cost of operation.
After the fast rotating blades cut the crop, the intake fingers push the plants into the gatherer drums that rotate in the same direction at low speeds. Every plant is pushed into the teeth of the gatherer drum. The specially designed shape of the teeth ensures that both small and large plants are conveyed in a secure way.
In the machine, the plants are taken off the back of the gatherer drum by scrapers. Depending on the width of the header, they are forwarded to the cross-feed drums or immediately fed into the angled feed drums in the middle of the machine.
- Every plant is individually and securely pushed into the gatherer drum (Performance).
The header bundles the harvested crop perfectly and feeds it to the chopping unit of the self-propelled forage harvester (SPFH) lengthwise for an even cut. Only even, lengthwise feeding allows for the full use of the power installed on the SPFH.
- Bundling of lengthwise stalks is the basis for perfect chopping quality (Performance).
Compare the specifications of up to 4 models
|Key Specs|| 778-corn-head|
|Rotary harvesting unit|
|Overall width||6 m|
|Operating width||6 m|
|Transport width||3 m|
|Revolution rating calculated with forage harvester at a standstill without load|
|Header drive shaft (shift rod pulled out for slow speed)|
|Cutting blades for gathering drum|
|Cross feed drums|