Get Hands-on Experience
Ag-Power takes pride in sponsoring students through the John Deere Ag-Tech Program with many of the John Deere technical schools and colleges in the Midwest that prepare students for careers in agriculture equipment mechanics and technology for the agriculture industry. Our internship program is designed to give you hands-on experience diagnosing and repairing a wide variety of equipment while learning from some of the best senior technicians in the industry.
What We Can Do For You
When you work in one of our locations for your on-the-job training, Ag-Power will provide a $14-hour wage. Ag-Power will provide an incentive up to $6,000 paid out at $2,000 per year of employment, beginning 90 days after graduation from an accredited tech program and ending after the 3rd year of employment if requirements below are met (with an agreement to continue employment with Ag-Power).
- Be currently enrolled in a 2-year degree program in agricultural equipment mechanics or related study
- Maintain good grades
- Receive positive recommendations from instructors
- Positive attitude and desire to work as a team player
- Own mechanic tool set
- Ability to maintain safe and clean work environment
- Push/pull up to 75 lbs
- Lift/carry up to 75 lbs
- Lift bulky objects
- Neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, ladder climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, supine overhead reaching, crawling, grasping, bin lift, high steps
- Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor